Friday, January 7, 2011

Ubuntu madness #1

This should be an old post, but too bad I don;t have the time to update at that period, so I'll make a post about it here. Before exam starts, I had done something new, crazy, with satisfaction. I ordered product from Canonical Store (Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu). I came through various products, and I decided to buy some of them( i wanted to buy ALL, but it's GBP).

To place order, I have to create an account. Well, thats easy. And then need to fill in your information like billing address and whatever, Well, thats quite normal. The hard part comes in when you choose your payment. Why hard? Because I don't have Paypal that time, I only have a Debit card, but they give two options of Credit card and Paypal. So i wonders, how on earth I gonna pay with my Debit? Well, after some asking and searching, I proceeded with Credit card option.

But then met a problem, which you need verification from VISA to activate your account. I blindly fill in the particular and damn, get locked. I searched the web and found some people teaching how to activate the account, and how to unlock. So I follow the steps, make a few calls (it's easy procedure that can finish in 1 call, but they hard to get on phone), and unlocked my card. So I go fill in my particulars again, but locked again. I make a few calls again, only to find out 1 field is different. My mother's maiden name is different? I was like "OMGWTFBBQ". But yet still success.

So after place order, is wait for the parcel to arrive. take around 3 days to reach their post office, and another 3 days to process for oversea delivering, around 2 weeks to reach Malaysia, and around 2 days to reach my area. In this process, the UK Royal Mail does provide a tracking number, which can be use to track your parcel, until it sent to overseas. The tracking number does work on their website. But for Malaysia's, the tracking system are failed. But calling them will provide excellent assistance.

So after the thing arrive, open it. Took some picture of it.


That's my order, 2 Ubuntu lanyards(1 orange 1 purple), 1 pack of 3 Ubuntu stickers, bundle of 3 CDs (Ubuntu Desktop Edition, Kubuntu Desktop Edition, Ubuntu Server Edition). You think I'm crazy? I'm going more crazy on next post.